Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Cups and Ice #1: The Beckoning of Lovely


Cups and ice—the things you bring to the party when you don't have time to make a main dish. So I'm introducing this new series of short posts that will allow me to share things that make me feel like...well, yes, like dancing. Or writing. Or making something that will make other people want to dance or write or make things that will make other people want...you get the idea.

I will say this about the creator of the following film-to-be trailer. Amy Krouse Rosenthal should be more well-known. Her name should be shouted from the shoulders of a tall man. She should be honored in a ceremony next to a fountain, no in the fountain in a city's center. She's a quiet and mysterious heroine of mine ever since I read her innovative memoir, An Encyclopedia of an Ordinary Life (Denise H, best birthday present ever! Or was it Christmas? I can't remember...). This is her latest project, The Beckoning of Lovely. (I feel like she crawled inside my mind...but as a very hospitable guest.)





10 comments:

Larissa said...

This will be so cool!!!

Anonymous said...

Cups & Ice? Now that's a great theme -- love!

Unknown said...

How absolutely lovely! Now I have a memoir to read. I didn't expect to be touched by a muse today. Thanks!

Emily said...

That trailer is one of the coolest things I've ever seen. Thank you so much for sharing!

Susan Bearman said...

Cool! I'm visiting as a new She Writes member. Did you know that today at 3:04 p.m. it was 03:04:05 on 07/08/09?

Unknown said...

I love Chicago. My husband and I grew up there. Not every summer evening was as beautiful as this one. But...this recalled more than a few.

PS. Now we live in NYC. It's nice but it's never been quite like Chicago for us.

Lori A. May said...

I love the 'cups and ice' theory. I need to work on creating shorter blog posts myself! I'll have to keep you in mind. My mouth can run on so...

See you on shewrites.com!

(so cool - word verification = 'femine')

Lori A. May
www.loriamay.com
http://loriamay.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/loriamay

amareluna said...

Love the theme idea, and I can't believe how amazingly inspiring that video is! Thanks for sharing it.

j said...

Wow! Thank you for introducing me to Amy!

Anonymous said...

Laura what a treat to see your website and writing. Good job!

Love, Win

ShareThis