Friday, January 18, 2008

Hopa!

Heading to NYC tonight for the annual Golden Festival.... so come 8 or 9 pm I'll be joining hands with many others to do dances I can't yet pronounce to live music by bands I've never heard of.

Here's a clip I found on You Tube from last year, a band called the Balkanics...



The schedule on Saturday night runs from 5:30 pm to 4:00 am. Dancing?! Into the night?! Aw yeah.....

p.s. I asked Dr. Sips if he wanted to attend but he has clients visiting from out of town. I did what he said. I walked. 30 minutes. It felt good except I got blisters on my heels from my sneakers, just in time for Balkan Dancing. You must endure it, he says. You must live with the small discomforts of the 7 incline, the 2.4 em pee aych. The law has no sympathy for sensitive feet.

No comments:

ShareThis